Followers

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

vocabulary

MELANCHOLY- a gloomy state of mind, especially when habitual or prolonged; depression.
S- I was in a melancholy day when I heard that my mom was having a boy.
EXEMPLARY- worthy of imitation; condensable
S- My friends exemplary their teachers to make them look cool..
PECULIAR- strange; queer; odd
S- There was a peculiar happening in the end of the story.
DREAD- to fear greatly; be in extreme apprehension of something
S- a move that I saw had a part that all the characters were dread to death.
BOUGH- a branch of a tree
S- There was a bough that fell and destroyed the house next door to me.
PIOUS- having or showing a dutiful spirit of reverence for god or an earnest wish to fulfill religious obligations
S- In the story of Goodman Brown showed some pious of a devil.
EXEMPLARY- worthy of imitation; commendable
S- There was an exemplary conduct.
COMMUNION- often-initial capital letters also called Holy Communion.
S-My friends were talking about their first communion for church.
AUDITOR- a person appointed and authorized to examine accounts and accounting records comparing the change with vouchers, verify balance sheets and income items.
S-My dad had to auditor everything on his job applications.
MULTITUDE- a great number
S- I have a multitude of friends that are very nice.
ELOQUENCE- the practice or act of using language with fluency and aptness
S- I have a flow of eloquence when I speak Spanish and English.
DESPAIR- loss of hope
S- Young Goodman Brown had some despair because he was confused about what happened.
HOARY- ray or white age
S- An old dog with a hoary muzzle was walking down the street when I was driving.


No comments:

Post a Comment