Followers

Monday, September 24, 2012

vocabulary

* adroit-expert or nimble in the use of the hands or body. The science teacher explain how the adroit works with her jesters. *amicable-characterized by or showing goodwill; friendly; peaceable I am very amicable when it comes to my friends or meetign mew people. *averse-having a strong feeling of opposition, antipathy, repugnance My dad had an averse to what was going to happen next in the movie. *belligerent-warlike; given to waging war Many children think that belligerent is good to end things when they have a problem. *benevolent-characterized by or expressing goodwill or kindly feelings I had benevolent about how this year was going to be. *cursory-going rapidly over something, without noticing details; hasty; superficia I try to go cursory over my history notes before I took the test today. *duplicity-deceitfulness in speech or conduct, as by speaking or acting in two different ways to different people concerning the same matter; double-dealing. A drama teacher can duplicity any thing he want to do because they know how to act. *extol-to praise highly; laud; eulogize People can extol anyone they want. *feasible-capable of being done, effected, or accomplished I was feasible to get my vocabulary done. *grimace-a facial expression, often ugly or contorted, that indicates disapproval, pail There are people that judge everyone on how grimace they are. *holocaust-a great or complete devastation or destruction, especially by fire. I was very holocaust about my grade was for the test. *impervious-not permitting penetration or passage; impenetrable people are rude sometimes that they dont give a impervious for everyone. *impetus-a moving force; impulse; stimulus My dad wanted to impetus when he tried moving me out of his way. *jeopardy-hazard or risk of or exposure to loss, harm, death, or injury In the story The Giver the new borns are capable to jeopardy. *meticulous-taking or showing extreme care about minute details; precise; thorough When you are at a hospital and there is a doctor there, they are very meticulous for everything. *nostalgia-a wistful desire to return in thought or in fact to a former time in one's life, to one's home or homeland, or to one's family and friends; a sentimental yearning for the happiness of a former place or time I am very nostalgia to see my family from Kuntucky again. *quintessence-the pure and concentrated essence of a substance In my Anatamy class we have to be carful with all the quintessence when we are doing a lab. *retrogress-to go backward into an earlier and usually worse condition I dont want to be retrogressed to the worst time of my life. *scrutinize-to examine in detail with careful or critical attention. When you have a hard class you have to scrutnize everything to get it right. *tepid -moderately warm; lukewarm Im always tepid when I am at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment