Followers

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

PARLOR POETRY



 I thought that this poem was very similar to the "Dove Beach"  because I thought that it showed the same strength of loss in faith and need of integrity. I also thought that it would show what she probably though before she burnt herself with her books. For example, wen it says "Your scars weighing heavy"... I think it can refer to the books burning because that can be a weekending to her. 



Place your hopes on high
Make way by dim candle light
Play it out like you have before
This shell isn't you
Optimist with a pessimist view
These times bind you in doubt
Your scars weighing heavy
I see it in your eyes
Regret of failure in doing it all right
How can so many choices
Turn out with such consequence's
Starve the meaning
And build the reaction
Carve doubt from dreaming
And it all collapses


www.your-poetry.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article...

No comments:

Post a Comment